Sunday, May 29, 2011

In the ghetto......(you know the song, right?)

I am totally joking! I am sure you know the song "In the Ghetto" and that is all that I hear as look at my back yard. Laugh with me here people. Look, we have a gorgeous pool that is a current mess! It is nasty!


We are waiting on it to be fixed. We called on the 16th of May and were told it took 2 weeks to get a liner in so we chose ours and called the next day so it would be ready by June. They just ordered the liner (at least I hope they have ordered it!), so this is what we have to look at for now. Fun, right? We have been told it will be ready no later than the 15th of June, so we will see. It has a horrible smell that goes with it. Along with that, we have the cinder blocks that were holding down the liner that we haven't put up yet, the little kiddie pool right up to the big pool, the lawn mower complete with gas can out next to it, tall grass and yard work to be done. So, I will just sing my song until it is all done. Don't get me wrong, I love my house and my yard, but just not right now. It is quite comical!
This morning, we went out and filled up the pool with good ole hose water and let Olivia have at it. She loves the water. It is a shame that our pool isn't up and running as it should be. She played with side walk chalk, bubbles, pulled her Dora chair up to sun, and was sporting her lovely pink necklace. She was pleased!






After nap and our Sunday afternoon lunch with John's family, we came home and John's mom came to watch Olivia so John and I could go paint. They had a great time from the sound of things. Olivia loves her Nana!
She has a toe nail that seems to have some kind of fungus. Lately, she has been into putting on and taking off her shoes. While she and Nana were playing, one of the shoes snagged the already loose toe nail. By the time I got home, it was hanging on by a thread. It was really gross! Olivia wasn't bothered by it in the least. I looked at it and decided I could just pull it off. Then I decided I couldn't. Luckily, her Nana was still here and grabbed it and it came right off. Olivia didn't even look up from her toy. We put some peroxide on and a band-aid.
At this point, John was still at school painting, so Olivia, Oscar and I loaded up and headed back to school to paint some more. Olivia really wanted to help tonight! She finally decided that she would settle with playing with an aqua doodle instead. We had a fun day. I think I enjoyed it the most. I got to hang out with John for the full day which is something we haven't done in a long time. We laughed and enjoyed each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment