Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cooper time and Neonatal visit....

I guess this post is going to be a two day update. SO....here goes.
Tuesday Olivia and I headed to the airport after lunch to pick up Karen, or now better known as KK. For those that don't know who this is, she is a dear friend who has been living in Mexico as a missionary. She gets to come home usually a couple times a year, and I always look forward to this. She and I have been friends since we were 2 years old! I hope our girls will be friends like that. She is currently 27 weeks pregnant with her first baby and it is a GIRL!
As I pulled up to the airport, I had a flood of emotions. I immediately sent Ashley a text because the last time we pulled up and parked at the airport I was texting her to tell her where we were parked since we were leaving for KOREA. I then was reminded of our homecoming. That is a day I will never forget! I still can't get over that! I know if I read back through my blog since February 19th, that I have said "I can't get over that" several times. It is true. I rank that in my top 3 best days of my life! Thank you will never be enough for me to express my gratitude to my friends and family that made that day possible.
Olivia and I parked and got down to KK's baggage claim area with no trouble. I was actually early. (don't fall over from shock people!) I took a few pics. while we waited, but someone was being quite stubborn. I would ask her to look at me and she would turn her head the other way. Always fun!




We got Karen and headed back home. Olivia and I dropped her off and then came back to our house for a bit. When John got home we went back out to the Cooper's for a good ole Cooper cookout. We were celebrating Karen's homecoming and Mrs. Cooper's birthday! We had a great time. Olivia warmed up and was having fun and hated to leave. (I don't have too many pics. because I was having a great time visiting and catching up!)





Yesterday we woke up bright and early to go to Vanderbilt Neonatal Clinic. Here they assessed her for her gestational age and her adjusted age. Dr. Carter could not believe how well she is doing! We are going back in 8 months to assess her language since she has had so much change recently.
I had to go to work for a bit in the afternoon so Dad came and watched Olivia. They had a great time. I wish I could have had pictures of the two of them here playing alone. She loves her Grampy! Thanks Grampy for helping us out! It is so nice to be able to aks for some help now! That is a HUGE stress reliever. With the end of school, I am going to be needing lots of help! :) Gotta get my whole room packed up so I can move to a different room.

Today we have a playdate and then we are meeting Karen for lunch. We have had lots of sunshine here lately and we are LOVING it! Unfortunately, cicadas are out and they are nasty! At least they only come around every 13 years! So, happy Thursday everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment