Thursday, February 16, 2012

Still sick

We are entering day 4 in the hospital. Our nurse came in a bit ago and said that they are full on the pediatric floor, and she felt that Olivia is her sickest baby up here. I thought she had turned a corner yesterday as she ate 2 french fries for her Grampy and drank a few sips of a milkshake. She stayed awake for sometime yesterday too. Before then, we were only seeing about 5 minutes or so of her little eyes open per day. She has been so sick. She not only was awake, but we saw some life out of her....my friend Danyell was at the hospital with her mom and brought Olivia a balloon and bear. Olivia had fun looking at them and playing for a few minutes. Its the first time I think she has been aware of her surroundings all week.
Our doctor said her lungs still sound 'gunky,' but that she is improving. Her temperature finally broke last night and she is currently asleep on my shoulder. The minute she is set down or brought off of our shoulder she coughs uncontrollably. They have turned her IV down to try to get her to drink on her own. However, she now hasn't had a wet diaper since 7 last night. I tried some juice a few minutes ago, but she refuses. I wish she could understand that to go home, we have to get off this IV and she has to drink on her own. Poor baby. Hopefully today will be better. Our nurse said a bit ago that she doesn't see us going anywhere for a few more days, but I am hopeful that we will be home soon. What a week!!!
Just to continue with our celebration of being in Korea a year ago and meeting our girl, here is a picture from Feb. 16 in Korea. Regardless of being in the hospital, I am holding my girl....that is all that matters. She is in my arms and she knows I am not going anywhere. She knows she is loved. I don't care where we are!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there! I can imagine how sick she is. Like I said, we've been through each of those illnesses and each one is a very slow road back. Having them all together, my goodness! She is right where she needs to be. As long as she is making progress & moving forward that's all that matters, even if it's at a snail's pace. Hoping she just continues to go forward. Bless her sweet heart. Reached out to Ashley Goodwin yesterday to send hugs & prayers your way. Praying for strength for all of you. Her immune system has taken such a hit. I know you will be ready for spring! Luckily it's mid February & not October!!

    ReplyDelete