Thursday, July 21, 2011

Shucking corn

The other day, I had bought some corn and asked John to shuck it. Olivia and I followed him out and of course she wanted to help. As he was getting started, she decided she wanted to walk on down to the "waba" which is the pool. We told her no several times and once she got down to the water she turned around, looked at us, smiled, and then stepped into the first step. I went and got her and she had a time out for it. I know it looks pitiful, but after her 2 minutes, she was all about the corn.

She had a lot of fun helping her daddy.


She loves corn. She was ready to eat it!



She is determind to get a bite!

But, she continues to work on her corn and will have to wait to eat it until it is cooked.

Maybe I can get a bite like this?

So pleased with herself!

Showing off a job well done. Her daddy may have had to do a little more work on this one before passing it off to Grampy to cook.

No wait, give it back.

Finally, I got a bite!

Yucky! I will just wait until it is cooked!

Well, the corn was cooked and she ate a ton and loved every bite!!! Sweet, sweet summertime is just the best!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I don't know how many times I've said it before but THIS might be my most favorite post yet!! Love the simple joy of it and soooo look forward to this very thing with our little Grace next year. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS! OLIVIA IS SO BEAUTIFUL! Her personality has really come out and you can see it in these pics. :)

    ReplyDelete