Friday, August 19, 2011

6 months home!!


Can you believe that we have been home for 6 months? WOW! Where has the time gone? Why has life suddenly sped up now that she is home? I look back at pictures and can't believe how much has changed. I am going to share pictures from each month to show where we were vs. where we are now. I wouldn't trade this experience for ANYTHING! She has been through so much (and still transitioning in some ways) and has been amazing! I am so lucky to be her mom and be the one to help get her through all of this. I am lucky to get to watch her grow up. I am lucky that I get to wipe her tears, give her baths, change her diapers, and do all the daily mom things. I am one lucky girl!!!! Thank you Olivia for allowing us to love you and letting us into your heart. You have definitely made your way into mine. I love you little girl.
Now, lets make this thing legal!!!!

Still in her foster mothers arms (second visitation -- 2/16/11)

On the plane ride home. She was in shock, poor thing! (2/18/11)

We had just landed in the USA at the Atlanta airport. (2/19/11)

We had been home about a week here. (2/24/11)


Beginning to get out a little...here we are at the park after a month home. (3/19/11)


Just having fun at home in April. (4/21/11)

In May she was helping me with the laundry. (5/24/11)

Enjoying Grampy's corn! (6/20/11)

Loving pool time with daddy! (7/14/11)

It is amazing to me when I look back through pictures to see how much has happened and how much has changed. I looked through many pictures to make sure that I found some that were taken close to the monthly 'family day!'
So glad that we are 6 months in....I can't wait to see what the next 6 months have in store for us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment