Wednesday, October 27, 2010

16 months

Today Olivia turns 16 months old. So, my thoughts are, what is she doing new? Is she officially walking or is she just toddling? Maybe she is still a crawler?

What words does she know? How many words? Is she a cuddler or is she fiesty? I know these are all mile markers I will probably not ever know, but I will always wonder.

I am hoping for an update soon. The last time we heard something was July 27. She had two teeth on the bottom she was taking one nap a day and sleeping from 9pm-5pm. She was beginning to eat some solids such as rice, porridge, yogurt, fruit and cheese. She was waving bye bye, standing alone for a few seconds, enjoying books, saying mom and dad, and a few other developmental things.

So....how much more has she progressed? She is changing so quickly. I look at all the 'firsts' there and have to really work hard to remind myself how blessed I am rather than being sad that I missed the 'firsts'. It is so hard. I know we will get an update or something when God realizes we need it the most. That seems to be how it has happended the last two updates that we received. It was like my body felt as if it couldn't go another day without some kind of word on Olivia. I opened my email and had pictures.

However, I take the 'no news is good news' approach also. They typically only contact us if there is a medical problem. So, I only want them to call to tell us to come get her or give us good news! I want her to stay healthy! I want her to develop and grow (as hard as it is that I am missing it). We are only able to request two updates during our 11 month waiting (since referral) period. I have already requested one so I want to wait until January to request the other one. However, pictures aren't really a 'medical update'....so anyday now I would love to get some pictures!!!

Happy 16 mos. Olivia!!!! We WILL see you soon.

Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Oscar

2 comments:

  1. Happy 16 months, Olivia! Hope you hear something soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get some pictures. They always helped me too!

    Jennifer (aka norasmommy from the forum)

    ReplyDelete